PHARR – Ten PSJA ISD educators and their respective campuses have been named to the 2019-2020 Renaissance National Honor Roll for their outstanding performance in advancing student achievement through reading.
Renaissance, a leader in Pre-K through 12 education technology, recognizes educators across the country who have successfully implemented reading or math assessment mastery programs and have led their students to meet or exceed data targets that research shows leads to significant student growth.
“I am extremely proud of our PSJA librarians who received this national distinction,” said PSJA Library Director Nora Galvan. “This continues to show how hard our brilliant librarians work for their respective campus and fellow educators, and how their diligence continues to put our district on the map.”
The educators named to the 2019-2020 Renaissance National Honor Roll as of April 2020 are as follows:
- Berta Cantu, Principal at Anaya Elementary
- Laura Quiroz-Torres, Librarian at Anaya Elementary
- Hilda Gonzalez, 3rd Grade Teacher at Anaya Elementary
- Maria Sinapuelas, Librarian at Garcia Elementary
- Cynthia Elizondo, 4th Grade Teacher at Garcia Elementary
- Flor Alfaro, 4th Grade Teacher at Garcia Elementary
- Michelle Garcia, Librarian at McKeever Elementary
- Judith Castillo, 3rd Grade Teacher at McKeever Elementary
- Nayeli Guerra, 5th Grade Teacher at Garcia Elementary
- Amy Benitez, Librarian at Garza Elementary
“It gives me great pleasure to have educators in our PSJA Family who are recognized on a national level,” said PSJA Superintendent Dr. Jorge L. Arredondo. “Their passion and hard work in supporting and encouraging their students to go above and beyond what is asked for is how we keep moving forward as a district. Thank you to our dedicated educators for all that they do for our students.”
Renaissance will continue to name educators to the Honor Roll on a weekly basis on their website as they qualify through June 15.