This week’s News in Review is a discussion on the week ending Sept. 14, 2019.
Among the topics reviewed is the two-day Pathways For Trade – The North American Logistics & Manufacturing Symposium held at Texas A&M International University in Laredo.
Rio Grande Guardian editor Steve Taylor says IBC Bank President Dennis Nixon, International Capital Partners General Partner Agustin Barrios Gomez, America’s Trade Policy CEO William C. Lane, and Earnscliffe Strategy Group governmental relations and strategic communications consultant Sarah Goldfeder gave insightful speeches.
Other topics discussed include:
- A new distribution facility in Mission for Michoacán-based La Bonanza Avocados;
- New research paper about why Rio Grande Valley patients do not go through with appointments to see secondary, specialist, physicians;
- A new EB-5 partnership for the City of McAllen;
- The announcement that the new Border Texan of the Year is UTRGV President Guy Bailey;
- Tributes to the late economic development leader David E. Allex.